Quotables


I'm mildly obsessed with Pinterest.  It's gotten a little better, but it still qualifies as an obsession.

My favorite board, of my own, is my "Quotables" board.  It's full of little nuggets of truth and wisdom found here and there, and when I go to it and read them one by one...I cry.  I do.

Here are a few...


Yes.


Everything.


Proverbs 31:25


Couldn't be more true...

And the one with my name ALL over it...

WELL SAID!


These are just a few.  Aren't they powerful?  You find the like of them all over Pinterest and it reminds me...we're all searching for truth.  We all want to know "the Truth."  We look in different places and believe far too much of our own opinions, but we all desire to know...what is it that's going on here?  Where's the truth in this?  I asked God just today, in fact.  If we don't know His Truth, how can we follow His plan?

I know I've been quiet on the blog...and the truth of that is, sometimes you're far too busy figuring out your own stuff, searching for the truth in your own circumstances, weaving through the day to day of a life only God could orchestrate, to pass along anything of any consequence to anyone else.  And that's just the truth.

Sunday is Chad's birthday.  I remember a few years ago, when my earthly age surpassed what my older brother's ever had.  It was August 22, 2009.  I was 32 years, 7 months, and 9 days old.  I actually counted.  It's probably a little weird, but I did it.  I can't exactly verbalize why it mattered to me, but it felt like I was embarking on the unknown...territory that he had not scouted before me, as a big brother always had.

I don't exactly know what I want to say, except that I'm still here...and I'm really fighting and trying to do this thing with God.  I'm so humbled often times when folks make such beautiful comments about me or the blog or my family...such incredibly kind things to say.  But...I just want you to know...no one is perfect.  We all fall short.  We all struggle to do this thing with God.  We all get confused and lose our way...we're all fighting to make sure we don't lose sight of The Truth.  You're not alone.  Whatever struggle you face today, whetever failure, whatever confusion, whatever circumstance or problem...you're not alone.  We're all imperfect beings...it's why Jesus had to come.  To save us not just from our enemy, but from our very own selves.  So I need you to know today...you aren't the only one.  You aren't the only one struggling to get it together or fighting to keep it together.  You aren't the only one wondering, when will it all just be...good?  You're not alone.

 Love love this quote.  There is a beautiful Brooke Fraser song with this quote as lyrics...

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

What do workers gain from their toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race.
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart;
Yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

- Ecclesiastes 3: 1-11

It's Heaven we're searching for, Heaven we're longing for, Heaven we are chasing.  Heaven right there in our hearts.  In every "I though that would be more fun" or "I thought I would be more successful" or "Why can't I get it right" or "Why is this so hard" or "Why won't this work out" or "Why can't I be satisfied"...it's Heaven we're longing for.  Yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. No one can fathom Him, what He has done, what He is doing...no one.  There's a big chunk of Truth right there. 

What is He doing?  Only He knows.

And He is bigger than my failures, bigger than my heartache, bigger than my confusion, bigger than anything I face, and...

And He is more than able to make my life right here and now abunadant, joyful, peaceful...FULL.

He has made everything beautiful in its time...



Easier said than done...but worth a ocean of jewels.



I will trust Him.  Do your thing, Lord, and take me with you...


This is it.

Happy Birthday, big brother.  You are one of a kind, and you're missed more than all my words or tears could tell.  Scout out Heaven for me.  We're coming...thank you, Lord.

Ephraim. 









Comments

Popular Posts