Moses and the Little Old Lady Who Lived In A Shoe...

I just took a video of myself. I don't know why. I guess I just wanted to see myself on screen. I couldn't think of anything to say, so I just recited There Was An Old Lady Who Lived In A Shoe...

It was the first thing that came to me. Go figure.

It was hilarious. I genuinely just cracked myself up watching it. And...no...I will not share with the group. ;)

Truthfully, I needed a crack up. I have this lump in my throat that just won't go away. I was just now texting with a fellow Chad and I grew up with...his wife is so so sick with cancer and his baby sister getting married...tomorrow. I wish more than anything I could do or say something to make this easier, or make this journey they are on more bearable. But, I can't. This is their journey...not mine.

My good friend from college, Cheyanne, is in the same boat...watching her brand new husband struggle though battle after battle with this horrible disease. He was airlifted to NIH in Maryland just yesterday morning. I've heard no news since then, and I'm afraid to...honestly...

This is the last one...I promise. I have some very good friends that are walking through a battle that I have walked through myself...but only to a degree. Truthfully, I didn't get an "A" in that course the first time I took it, so I'm not sure what I'm doing back here...attempting to counsel and answer pleas for help, all the while without manipulating or letting myself get in God's way. I'm REALLY bad at that. It's like walking a tight rope. I never did have much balance...

I was reading Exodus last night, about Israel's deliverance from Egypt. We would do well to remember in our modern day lives that Israel is the chosen people of God. The whole world will literally fall around them. Literally. Anyway, I digress. I was reading of Moses, when God asked Him to basically go the people of Israel...



"Go, assemble the elders of Israel and say to them, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob—appeared to me and said: I have watched over you and have seen what has been done to you in Egypt. And I have promised to bring you up out of your misery in Egypt into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—a land flowing with milk and honey.' "

Exodus 3:16-17

Long story short, for various reason, Moses didn't want to do it. Didn't feel qualified. Didn't feel up to the task. He basically look God Almighty in the face and said, "I know you made me and all, but I'm pretty sure I don't have what it takes to do this. You must be mistaken..."

Really.

So, even though the Bible says God was angry with Moses, He obliged him in this. He allowed Moses to use Aaron, his brother, to deliver the message to the Israelites. Now, this is the part that really got my attention. Once Moses, via Aaron, delivered God's message, the people of Israel reacted thusly...

"Moses and Aaron brought together all the elders of the Israelites, and Aaron told them everything the LORD had said to Moses. He also performed the signs before the people, and they believed. And when they heard that the LORD was concerned about them and had seen their misery, they bowed down and worshiped."

Exodus 4:29-30

You know, the Word of God tells me that we are to bear one another's burdens, and I do that happily with the people in my life. Happily. However, I can't walk another man's journey. I can't make decisions for him. OOOOOOOhhhhhhh how I want to sometimes! But, really, it would be a tragedy to rob a man or woman of their walk of truth, faith, grace, healing, deliverance, and beautiful Victory...their walk to the land flowing with milk and honey...for them. I wouldn't trade my own walk for the world itself...no way.

I think one of the bits of Truth I found in my journey was the concern that God clearly had for me, my family, or pain. Just like the Israelites, when I saw that concern...really paid attention to Him and SAW it...I hit my face and worshipped. I was astounded that the Creator and Sustainer of the Universe actually saw me...wept over me...took time to soothe me...reassure me...prepare me...carry me...heal me...

Deliver me to a land flowing with milk and honey. It's a sweet place to be. There are battles to be fought here...

But I know the Victor. And I am His.

Ephraim.

Do the thing with God. The hard thing. The Best thing...

Comments

Popular Posts