Joy Cometh in the Morning...and Her Name is Mia.


Marti and Brooke, Venice 2007


Tomorrow, my sweet Brookins will give birth to her first born.  Tomorrow, she and Neil welcome Little Miss Mia Elizabeth Senter into the world.

This is one of those moments in life that I have learned to treasure, because not everyone has the privilege of feeling the sort of bittersweetness that I'm feeling today.  Brooke and I have been to hell and back together, and to see my sweet girl come to a place of such blessing and abundance and joy...well, it was worth the trip, and makes her destination that much sweeter.  God is so faithful.

So, tomorrow, instead of mourning what might have been, I will celebrate a sovereign and perfect God...whose plan is without flaw.  Tomorrow, instead of savoring bitterness over loss, I will pick up a sweet newborn, and pray the richest and most abundant blessings God has to give over her little life.  Tomorrow, as Mia takes her first breath, I will celebrate...because life really does goes on.

And, mercifully, it brings joy with it...

Happy Birthday, Mommy and Mia.  Love you both to the moon.

Weeping may remain for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. 
 - Psalm 30:5(b)

Tomorrow morning.  ;) 

Ephraim, indeed.

Comments

Popular Posts