Big "B" Brave

I've been meaning to blog since last week. Pastor Mark has gotten in the way. The once a week blog promise may have been a little unrealistic, but I'm still gonna shoot for it.


I'm just going to give you a taste of what has been on my heart the last week or two, and then I'll talk more later with more of my testimony. I started thinking about the next portions of my journey that I want to share, and they really are where the rubber meets the road in my little life journey. The word that has been resonating?


Brave.


Not little "b" brave, Big "B" Brave.


What do you think is brave? Do you think independence is brave? Do you think that rebellion is brave? Do you think living on the edge is brave? Do you think living "extreme" is brave?


Think again. I believe what this world calls "brave" is really just a weak excuse for not having the nerve to do the thing with God. Yes, I said that. I did it for years. To really get quiet and listen to God is the scariest thing I've ever done. This world's idea of brave is just a cheap imitation of the thrill we only get from our MOST High. And what's worse, we label true God-followers as straight and boring. Honey...the life I have led since surrendering myself to the direction of the Holy Spirit has been anything but straight and boring. It's been unbelievable... frightening... thrilling... miraculous... victorious... terrifying... devastating... life-altering. It's been FULL of my own mistakes and His sweet redemption. And I won't go back. But, let me tell you, it has taken more than me. More than me being brave. I've had to be Brave...capital "B" Brave from a capital "G" God.


I'll explain more later...

Comments

Popular Posts